Wednesday, March 07, 2007

History book progresses

The history book I’m writing now has a title. It is: “Looking Back 1940-2005: History as seen through the eyes of those who lived it.” There’s still time to submit your essay if you want your thoughts included in the book. Don’t forget your short biography along with any projects you want to promote.

I have now received six essays, with more promised. The book could use some memories of World War II and the fifties, if any of you have been around that long. I have, but was too young to remember the early forties. I remember plenty about the wars fought since then, but not of World War II. It would also be nice to have one from someone who was involved in the counter-culture, protest scene in the late-sixties and early-seventies.

The deadline for submissions is April 30th. I hope to get the book to press in June for early summer release.

My husband has decided to get out of my hair a couple of days a week and is working at the trading post here on the preserve. That gives me two uninterrupted days to work at the computer, but the annoying background noise of CNN and other racket infringes on my quiet writing time on the other five days. Oh well, nobody said the writing life was going to be easy.

No comments: